Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A big welcome to incoming first graders and families!

I am so excited to meet you and get to know your family.  I love being an educator and am excited to learn together.  It will be a year filled with learning, fun, and lots of adventures.  We will embark on a year long theme of community, which includes you, our school, and our city of Montpelier.  I can’t wait to see what next year has in store for all of us!

 I thought you may want to know a little about me!

I live right here in Montpelier with my husband Barry, and our silly dog Shadow. We have two daughters who went to school in Montpelier, and now are studying in Boston. Their names are Hannah( 23) and Amy (20). We love to get together for family activities such as skiing, camping, hiking , beaching, family reunions and visiting cities.  I love being outside, and look forward to learning outside with you and your family throughout the year.  

I have lived in Vermont for about 26 years, having grown up Connecticut. Most of my family is in Connecticut, so we often travel to see them. 

I have been a teacher for many years, and continue to love education passionately. I learn so much everyday and cherish  each day spent exploring together.  I look forward to instilling a love for learning, and helping your child become a life-long learner.  I believe open communication is important in a child’s education and invite you to share information with me. 

 We will have an Open House so we can meet each other and you can see the classroom on
 Tuesday, August 30th at 3:00.   
In the meantime, feel free to contact me via email susank@mpsvt.org

No comments:

Post a Comment